Resources for Students, Faculty, Mentors and Entrepreneurs
The WiE Mentoring Program
GW Students and Mentoring Candidates are invited to participate in the WiE Mentoring Program. Based on academic discipline and specified needs, WiE matches mentees to mentors. You can read more about the WiE Mentoring Program in a GW Hatchet article here.
Begin the process by completing the application.
WiE Mentorship Application
(for both Mentees and Mentors)
WiE Mentoring Tools & Training
- Mentoring Toolkit (PDF)
- Mentoring 101 Presentation (PDF)
- Mentoring Training Webinar (Recording) - Access Code: 9m$EO*91
The WiE Inclusivity Resources Collection
WiE continually updates its collection of resources on inclusivity. To contribute resources to the WiE Inclusivity Collection, please contact [email protected].
WiE Inclusivity Reports
- WiE Report: Establishing an Inclusive Community (PDF)
- WiE Report: Best Practices for Diversity & Inclusion in Engineering Education - resources (PDF)
- WiE Report: Best Practices for Diversity & Inclusion in Engineering - Curriculum (PDF)
We also invite you to visit the GW Office for Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement for additional GW resources.
Additional Inclusivity Resources
- Project Implicit invites you to take an Implicit Association Test
- Report: The State of Black GW - Presented by the Black Student Union (Fall 2020)
- Inside Higher Ed - Tracie Marcella Addy, Derek Dube and Khadijah Mitchell: Fostering an Inclusive Classroom (August 5, 2020)
- GW Elliott School of International Affairs: Statement on Inclusive Teaching
- Faculty Focus Special Report: Diversity and Inclusion in the College Classroom (Free Report)
- Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning: Inclusive Teaching
- GLSEN: Supporting Trans and GNC Students
- University of Michigan Inclusive Teaching: Gender Diversity and Pronouns
The Job Search - Resources for Students
Job/Internship Search Strategies (Video)
Resume Writing (Video)
Security Clearance FAQs: 5 Things Every College Student Should Do NOW to Get a Security Clearance (PDF)
Reporting out Research (PDF)
For Faculty, Mentors and Search Committees
Mentoring Toolkit (PDF)
Mentoring Training Webinar (Recording) - Access Code: 9m$EO*91
Grant Guidelines (PDF)
BD Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP) Spring Recruitment (Download PDF Flyer). The TLDP is an R&D rotational program designed to develop high-potential candidates who have a thesis-based MS or PhD into future technical leaders in the organization.